The Social Planning Council of Sudbury (SPC Sudbury) has launched a GoFundMe page with a goal of raising $10,000.00 for the Community Emergency Fund (CEF).  100% of funds collected go to the individuals and families in crisis! 

This fund is a fund of last resort that helps support individuals and families in urgent need with food, heat, hydro, rent, and more. For example, the CEF is utilized in situations where the hydro is going to be turned off, a family with young children has exhausted their food bank allotment, or an eviction notice has been given.  In the past 10 years the CEF has disbursed over $100,000.00 to vulnerable individuals and families in crisis.

The Community Emergency Fund is celebrating its 20th anniversary. The fund is administered in kind through the SPC Sudbury and is funded through community donations.

With continuous support from the members of the community and events such as the Stone Soup luncheon, the SPC Sudbury is able to raise funds to help assist those less fortunate and help make a positive difference in their lives. It is through generous donations that the SPC Sudbury has been able to provide life changing support for individuals, families and communities.

We could not do all the things we do without the ongoing support from our community and the generosity of Sudburians!

To donate, go to the GoFundMe page – or you can forward a cheque to:

Social Planning Council of Sudbury
c/o Community Emergency Fund
30 Ste Anne Rd
Sudbury ON
P3C 5E1

A charitable receipt is available to donors donating a minimum of $20.00 and more.

MCTV’s Sacha Novack interviewed Joseph Leblanc, Executive Director of the SPC Sudbury, about the CEF fundraiser. To see the interview, go to

Please note that self-referrals will not be considered! Please do not direct any clients to contact us themselves.  Only front-line workers may apply to the fund on behalf of clients.

CEF - FCU Guidelines

CEF - FCU Request Form

For more information please contact the Emergency Response Coordinator at (705) 675-3894 ext. 1501 or through email at